Whisky Sour Day us the perfect day for you to enjoy this delicious drink, or if you have never tried it before, just try it. Whisky Sour day is celebrated on 25 August every year. The cocktail is one of the best classic cocktails. It’s easy to make, and the receipe is the base for the entire family of sour drinks.
History of whisky sour
The receipe for a Whisky Sour firstly printed in 1862, in a book called The Bartender’s Guide by Jerry Thomas. But as per some cocktail historian, sailors invented the Whisky Sour. The original drink was first created as a cure for scurvy and used by the British on long sea journeys in the 1700s. They made the drink by throwing together some of the few rations that sailors had at their disposal: lines and lemons and liquor as a base. After being a big success with the sailors , this drink got famous.
Whisky Sour Recpie
- Whisky- 45 to 60 ml
- Lemon juice – 30 ml
- Simple syrup – 15 ml
- Egg white – 7 ml
- Cherry for garnish
- Lemon or orange slice for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a shaker over ice.
- Shake well for at least 30 seconds to froth up the egg white.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake for another 30 seconds until the cocktail is very cold.
- Strain the shaken cocktail into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with lemon or orange slice